About the Role
IBM z/OS Required 5 Years
COBOL/CICS/DB2 Required 5 Years
CICS Web Services Highly desired 2 Years
ENDEVOR Required 5 Years
CA DB2 Products Required 5 Years
DMV Application Systems Highly desired 1 Years
Business Systems Analysis Required 2 Years
The Specialist will be responsible for analysis of complex legacy program modules,
coding and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy
The NC Department of Transportation (NCDOT) is seeking to fill a short term (approx.
12 month) contractor assignment. The selected candidate will fill the role of Specialist on
the State Automated Driver License System(SADLS). The Specialist will be responsible
for analysis of complex legacy program modules, coding and testing of new and existing
modules for major modifications to legacy applications.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data and business processes
• Design, document, and coordinate desired changes to legacy modules
• Document the program and project deliverables as assigned
• Analyze and estimate feasibility and compatibility with other programs and projects
• Provide quality control for project deliverables
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate or government as programmer analyst.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience exposing CICS and COBOL programs as web
services via CICS Transaction Server (CTS)
- Proven experience in programming techniques, programming languages in the
- Proven knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming, testing,
debugging, implementation and documentation.
- Proven experience with analysis and design.
- Excellent communication skill (written, verbal, presentations)
- Excellent organization, analytical, planning and scheduling skills
- Ability to resolve highly complex problems.
- Proven experience with financial processes analysis and modification.
- Self-starter who can work with a large and diverse team of business, management and
- Demonstrated experience working with large project teams.
- Microsoft Suite experience (e.g, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), COBOL, CICS, TSO, MVS
JCL, ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL, DB2 and VSAM.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Experience
- Experience with Enterprise Level Application Development spanning two or more
About the Company